Wednesday 19 December 2012

Christmas Gift making.

This is the time of the year when we like to make gifts for family and friends. I always over estimate how much time I will have available for this activity but I do have some completed items to show.


I used some of my Alexander Henry fabrics to make bookcovers for my two sons.
The one on the left is simple applique - broderie perse, if you are posh or just fussy cutting motifs from patchwork fabric for the rest of us!
The one on the right is a single piece of fabric which I have free machine quilted around the skulls - fun to do and very quick. This has given each skull a nice raised appearance.

 Here is a photo to show both sides of the applique bookcover.

 I also have two great nieces whom I try to make hand made gifts for. Their Mum is very appreciative so that really helps! I studied a lot of tutorials on apron making and came up with my own simple version. Each is made from a fat quarter. The applique pockets will help them remember which one belongs to them. I used this great 'wordy' fabric which is so educational! The neck straps contain elastic so they will be nice and comfy.

My simple squares quilt is still 'in progress'. The top is finished and the next job is to make the pieced back. Rob is now home from Uni so I can't always work on it, although he does spend long periods sleeping!!

Wishing you all a Pieceful Christmas and New Year!

Janet x

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you've found time to make some gifts - I haven't done very well on that score but there are still a few days left! I'm sure everyone will be thrilled with their pressies.

    ReplyDelete