Monday 8 September 2014

Great Northern Quilt Show

Edited to add photos of two more quilts that I missed.  Thanks to Margaret for sending them to me.

Sorry I'm late with this post - I can't believe how quiet having a bad foot made me.

Anyway, I, along with a lot of other people, went off to the Great Northern Quilt Show a couple of weeks ago.  I was pleased to see how busy it was, as that must help to ensure its future.

Our group was quite well represented as the following photos show.

Liz's Wheels quilt won two awards, which is absolutely fantastic, but probably didn't surprise any of us who have seen the quilt before. Since Liz also won the book giveaway from my last post, it was obviously her lucky week, and I hope she bought some tickets for the lottery that week too.


Here are the other quilts that our members submitted.  I think I (with a little help from Hazel) found them all, but if I missed anyone, I apologise and blame it on my bad foot.  (Wonder how long I can keep blaming that foot for things?)

 


I wonder how many quilts we can have in the show next year?

Don't forget to come back next week to see who's In the Spotlight this time.

3 comments:

  1. I love Liz's quilt!
    Any chance of a close up of it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gill
      There are some more pictures on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/sew_what

      Delete
  2. good to see the quilts from our group, there were also 2 from Davina, will email them to you so you can add them if you like. Trust the gout is calming down now

    ReplyDelete